Saturday, July 01, 2006

Why Women Are Evil

Warning: Explicit personal 'girl stuff' follows. :-P

Ok so I have laughed at the commonly circulated email spouting off all the reasons why women are evil. We are evil we ARE out to get all the men and most of the women too.
Well... no not really... we are far too busy to take that much time and energy for something so unrealistic. I am thinking of that email though because one of the reasons quoted is something along the lines of "What other animal can bleed for a week and survive?".

Which brings me to my reason for posting. How much can one woman bleed in a frigging 12 hour period let alone the whole week? I am so pissed off right now. Every 3-6 months I have a blowout knock-em-dead cycle that makes me think perhaps a diaper would be a good idea. A few years ago I bled through an OB ultra, a super absorbent night time pad, my undies, my jammies, the blanket on our bed, two sheets, a mattress pad, and I'm guessing halfway through the frigging mattress. As I sat quietly reading for 30 - 45 minutes thinking all was well. I mean for fuck sakes you would think doubling up protection should last longer then oh say four hours.


I have always had the odd bleedout. In grade 9 I thought I might be starting my period and quietly sat with my hand up to ask to use the loo. Big burly -hot- substitute teacher asked me to wait the 5 min. till class ended. I couldn't very well say "Um actually I think I'm bleeding could I go now?". Well I suppose I could have and would maybe say something along those lines now if caught by some strange occurrence in the same situation. At the time though I was barely used to the idea myself let alone having other people especially a *boy* know about *that*. Did I mention *HE* was hot? The teacher I mean. SO I sat there wondering if the heat I felt was blood moving continuously or just that first spot.


Long story short I wrecked that pair of jeans. My friends though were beside themselves wondering why I didn't know, feel it happening, or seemingly have a clue I was bleeding through my jeans. At the time it didn't occur to me that most of them had barely bled as much as I could in a day during their entire cycle.


Well now that I have that off my chest... I have had remarkably easy pregnancies. Childbirth has gone well -except for the bitch GP I had for the first birth. If an over exuberant uterus gets me perfect babies and enjoyable childbirth well I suppose I'll live with it. And that Bitch of a GP led me to discover midwives so I guess I won't spend too much energy loathing her. Every thing seems to have it's place in life even the unpleasant things. I would just like NOT to bleed on my favorite clothes or the furniture. I would rather not have it come in gushes. AND I would like my body to alert me in some way "YO! HEY THERE! You're going to have a flood this month OK! You listening to me. Don't plan on leaving the house for 24 - 72 hours till this thing calms down." That way I could... I don't know... find a good book... book a babysitter and eat more iron rich foods for a few days. You know prepare for the red tide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home